Join artist Piotr Szyhalski for his Office Hours in the gallery, on select Fridays throughout the run of the featured exhibition, We Are Working All the Time! Come by and chat with the artist about his work, or maybe catch one of Szyhalski’s activations in the gallery. Free and open to all.
- Friday, September 16, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Friday, September 30, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Friday, October 7, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- *Friday, October 14, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
*THEM—An Activation: This event has been cancelled due to weather.
- Friday, October 28, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Friday, November 4, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Friday, November 11, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Friday, November 18, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Friday, December 2, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Friday, December 9, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Friday, December 16, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Friday, December 30, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
ABOUT PIOTR SZYHALSKI
Image courtesy MCAD
Piotr Szyhalski’s work has been exhibited worldwide at such venues as the International Center of Photography, the New York Expo Film Festival, Siggraph, ISEA Paris, the Museum of Contemporary Photography in Chicago, the San Jose Museum of Art, and Experimenta Design in Lisbon, Portugal, and featured in a variety of catalogs and publications. His pieces are in the collections of the Walker Art Center, the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, and others.
In addition to his own performance-based projects, he was commissioned to develop large-scale, interactive, live projections for Wim Mertens quartet in Brussels (1998), the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra (2001), and VocalEssence (2004). He released two CDs as Labor Camp Orchestra for the multimedia installations Theater of Operations (2007, 2009).
Piotr Szyhalski: We Are Working All the Time! is on view at the Weisman Art Museum from August 20 – December 31, 2022. Admission is always free.
Image credit (top): Artist Piotr Szyhalski (in white shirt and mask) speaks with visitors in the exhibition. Photo: Jayme Halbritter