Join the WAM Collective
Interested in the role of art and museums in social change? Want to learn from museum professionals and artists? Find out more about the WAM Collective!
What: WAM Collective Officer
When: Meets for 2 hours weekly along with projects and other opportunities to get involved
Rate: $500 per semester
Term: Full academic year
The WAM Collective is the student leadership group of the Weisman Art Museum that creates and facilitates programs, digital content, and activities that spotlight the student voice within the museum. No arts background or skill is necessary to join, past members have majored in a diverse range of subjects.
This year, the WAM Collective is focusing on
- Truth and reconciliation
- Diversity, access, and inclusion in the museum world and beyond
- Socially engaged artists
- New strategies to engage with the student body
- Amplifying the student voice in museum practices across the country\Connecting with other groups, departments, and organizations across campus
WAM Collective Vision
- Creates art experiences for students that spark discovery, critical thinking and transformation.
- Collaborates with campus and community partners to promote cross-cultural dialogue and celebrate diverse perspectives.
- Educates and develops the next generation of cultural consumers to appreciate and support the arts.
- Nurtures the next generation of arts and cultural leaders through professional development opportunities.
Diversity, Equity, Access, and Inclusion
Museum staff strive to make inclusion and access foundational for learning programs and educational development at the museum. A practical commitment to equity and diversity is the shared responsibility of all students, staff, volunteers, board members, collaborative partners, faculty, and University leadership. WAM activities will be grounded on policies and practices that advance diversity and promote equity and inclusion.
For questions and more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What does the WAM Collective do?
Well…a bunch of things! Throughout the year, the WAM Collective learns about contemporary museum practices, plans and hosts programs, creates fun and intriguing digital and written content, and collaborates with other student groups and departments on campus, incorporating the student voice in a strongly impactful way. Along with all of our projects and programs, the WAM Collective is also a great way to connect with other creative minds and make new friends.
How do I join?
The WAM Collective 2023/2024 application period will open in August 2023. Interested students will be asked to fill out a form, providing us with a resume to highlight their past experience (although none is required), and then asked to interview with group leaders. From the interviews, we will build our cohort for the year! Look for the application form in summer 2023.