The University of Minnesota is conducting a national search for a new director and chief curator of the Weisman Art Museum at the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities campus. A search committee has been named by the executive vice president and provost. The University has engaged Sheryl Ash and Benjamin Tobin of the national search firm Isaacson Miller to assist the search committee in the recruitment and screening of candidates. A position profile will be posted in early spring 2020.
We invite you to offer your insights and ideas to the search committee through the forms below. (There are two forms, one for University of Minnesota staff, students, and faculty, and a second form for input by members of the public outside the campus community.)
We benefit from the multitude of perspectives our community can offer about the Weisman’s next chapter.
Leave your comment for the search committee
Members of the general public should provide comments in the form below.
Members of the University of Minnesota community should provide comments in the form below.
Position Profile to be posted spring 2020
Provost’s Search Committee
- Thomas Fisher, Director, Minnesota Design Center; Professor and Dayton Hudson Chair in Urban Design, College of Design; Committee Co-Chair
- Patricia Simmons, Emerita Regent, University of Minnesota; Committee Co-Chair
- Steve Apfelbacher, Former President (retired), Ehlers & Associates Inc.; past chair, WAM Colleagues Advisory Board
- Christine Baeumler, Professor of Art, College of Liberal Arts
- Brenda Child, Northrop Professor of American Studies, College of Liberal Arts
- Katherine Covey, Director of Student Engagement, Weisman Art Museum
- Karen Mary Davalos, Professor and Chair of Chicano and Latino Studies, College of Liberal Arts
- Stuart Deets, PhD student, Art History, College of Liberal Arts; WAM student program assistant (WAM Collective)
- Cynthia Ihlenfeld, Artist and Community Volunteer; Member of WAM Colleagues Advisory Board and Capital Campaign co-chair
- Jennifer Marshall, Associate Professor and Director of Undergraduate Studies, Art History, College of Liberal Arts
- Diane Mullin, Senior Curator, Weisman Art Museum
- Eric Newman, Distinguished McKnight University Professor of Neuroscience; member, WAM Colleagues Advisory Board
- Jennifer Newsom, Assistant Professor of Architecture, College of Design; architect and installation artist
- Amelious Whyte, Director of Public Engagement, Institutional Advancement, College of Liberal Arts; chair of WAM Colleagues Advisory Board
For more information about the search process, please contact:
Kate Tyler, firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant to the provost and lead professional staff to search committee
The University of Minnesota shall provide equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.