WAM Will Reopen Thursday, October 1
We’re happy to announce that Weisman Art Museum will reopen its galleries to the general public on Thursday, October 1! WAM’s reopening is aligned with the University of Minnesota’s “Maroon and Gold” Sunrise Plan, which will allow increased student access to on-campus facilities and amenities at the end of September. The safety and comfort of visitors and staff are guiding every step of the museum’s reopening plans. We can’t wait to welcome you in person once again!
What you need to know before you visit:
- WAM will have reduced hours of operation for now (Thursday – Sunday, 12 – 5 p.m.), beginning on Thursday, October 1
- As always, admission is free and open to the public. No advance ticket reservations or timed entry is required.
- To provide proper physical distancing, visitor capacity in the museum will be limited to 25% or less at all times (120 people or fewer).
- Face coverings will be required for all visitors over the age of 2.
- No group visits (6+) will be allowed, but virtual field trips and guided tours by Zoom are available!
- Plan your visit and find the full list of safety measures and protocols you can expect on your next trip to the museum.
For media inquiries and questions about the museum’s evolving response to COVID-19, contact Susannah Schouweiler, Director of Marketing and Communications: firstname.lastname@example.org.
GIVE A GIFT in any amount today to the Special Initiatives Fund so WAM has the resources to continue providing you with artful moments during this uncertain time >>