stapler remover

FEATURED ESSAY

The Little Staple Remover That Could

Clip. Snap. Pull. Snip.

The little staple remover separated papers that contained private or confidential information. The WAM Files project staple remover was a happy little staple remover for she had such a "jolly load" of confidential materials to separate!

There were University invoices with social security numbers, personnel files with social security numbers, and even reports of grades earned in courses taken... with social security numbers! Then there were photocopies of personal checks - checks for donations, checks for reservations, and checks for libations!

loose stack of papers

The little staple remover aids the processor in separating the items containing confidential information, which are then set aside for confidential recycling.

As they have often encountered folders containing papers which are stacked 2 or more inches thick, the processors and the little staple remover are often left thinking...

"I think I can... I think I can... I think I can... I think I can..."

(Blog post written in the spirit of The Little Engine that Could, by Watty Piper)

Rebecca Wilson

Rebecca Wilson is a graduate student in the Master of Liberal Studies program at the University of Minnesota, completing a minor in Museum Studies. She also serves as a Visitor Services Assistant at the Weisman Art Museum.

More Like This