The museum employs students in the store and in visitor services, events, custodial, and other departments. All open positions are listed on the University of Minnesota Office of Human Resources Web site.
Student Events Assistant
Support the Weisman Art Museum’s Events Department as an Events Assistant. Duties include:
- Assist in setting up/taking down event space floor plans
- Execution of audio and visual equipment set up
- Respond appropriately to visitor questions, comments and concerns
- Open/Close events spaces as scheduled
Student Communications Intern
Support the Weisman Art Museum’s Communications Department as a Communications Intern. Duties include:
- Maintain WAM’s press clippings file
- Create and track social media presence through website and social media outlet.
- Archive public relations documents and collateral
- Write for WAM’s online blog
WAM Gallery Guards
Represent the Weisman Art Museum as a gallery guard! Gallery guards are the face of the museum as the most visible staff position to visitors. WAM is looking for potential candidates who can provide information and assistance to museum goers while keeping the art safe.
*You can also search “Weisman Art Museum” on the student job search page.
Student interns work on focused projects in a variety of departments. Students interested in unpaid internships may submit an application at any time or check back for open positions below. New placements, when available, occur at the beginning of fall and spring semester and during the summer. Internships are available for academic credit.
The museum works with students who are interested in conducting research with the museum, and gives students the opportunity for immersive and interactive learning. Each year, UROP funds hundreds of students who produce new knowledge and creative work in partnership with the U of M’s world-class faculty. UROP serves students and faculty whose learning and teaching goals include outside-the-classroom enrichment.